Sunday, May 24, 2009

Star Trek

I went to see Star Trek yesterday. I had my doubts about the movie having grown up watching all incarnations of Star Trek from TNG to Enterprise. On top of that I love my own generation of scifi shows such as Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis), Doctor Who and a little bit of Torchwood thrown in there. I have to say I was blown away. The graphics were amazing. The characters entertaining and true to the originals. Although at times it felt like Karl Urban was channeling Jimmy Stewart as he portrayed Bones. Scotty was wonderful including the knitted hat he wore during the character introduction. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to knit one instead of paying attention to the story (found one Here) Simon Pegg was wonderful and even though I loved him in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead I wasn't convinced he was the best choice, but with the rest of the cast he fit right in The way they rebooted the Star Trek universe was intriguing and wouldn't have worked if they had tried to do it with any other character than Spock. Speaking of Spock I am now a Zachary Quinto fan. Not only did he play his part well, he looked cute doing it. I still have my reservations about Heroes and how it's kind of jumped the shark, but I hope when he leaves that role he decides to do more movies. Chris Pine was good as Kirk as well but I've never been a Kirk fan. If they decide to do another Star Trek film I look forward to it, provided all the same people are involved. For now, I'll stick to knitting an army of Scotty hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment